Whether you have ever thought about attending beauty school or just have an interest in hair, nail and skin care, Stratford can help you take the first step in learning more about a number of careers in beauty care.
Stratford strives to keep up with current trends, but remains dedicated to teaching the ever-important fundamentals. We provide practical, useful knowledge about beauty care that you could use at home or in a rewarding, new career.
Stratford's beauty care course could be a stepping stone toward one of many satisfying careers working for beauty salons, spas, beauty care product suppliers, beauty schools or more.
The best part is that Stratford lets you study at home in your spare time!
Beauty Care Module 1
The Wonderful World of Professional Makeup and Cosmetics • Introduction: Make an Impression
• Tools, Products, and Basic Equipment
• Manufacturing and Distribution of Cosmetics
• Working with Clients
• Personality and Fashion Profiles
• Introduction to Color Theory
• Friends in the Cosmetics Industry
• Self-Assessment Exercise of Personality and Body Features
• Makeup Tips and Tricks You Can Try Yourself
Beauty Care Module 2
Milady’s Standard Cosmetology Section 1 • A History of Skin Care and Opportunities
• Life Skills
• Your Professional Image
• Communicating for Success
• Infection Control Principles and Practices
• General Anatomy and Physiology
• Skin Structure, Growth and Nutrition
• Skin Disorders and Diseases
Beauty Care Module 3
Milady’s Standard Cosmetology Section 2 • Nail Structure and Growth
• Nail Disorders and Diseases
• Properties of the Hair and Scalp
• Basics of Chemistry
• Basics of Electricity
• Scalp Care, Shampooing, and Conditioning
Beauty Care Module 4
Milady’s Standard Cosmetology Section 3
• Braiding and Braid Extensions
• Wigs and Hair Additions
• Chemical Texture Services
Beauty Care Module 5
Milady’s Standard Cosmetology Section 4 • Hair Removal
• Facial Makeup
• Nail tips and Wraps
• Nail Enhancements
• UV gels
• Seeking Employment
• On the Job
• The Salon Business
This educational program is an introductory course designed to help students gain knowledge necessary for the vocational application of this subject. Completion of this program does not fulfill the legal requirements of particular state licenses or certifications, which may require additional training or apprenticeships.
We take great pride in providing you with the most up-to-date textbooks and equipment. One or more of the above-mentioned subjects may, therefore, change if updating becomes necessary during the course of your studies. The order in which the course material is presented may vary.