Stratford's legal assistant/paralegal course is designed to help students gain valuable knowledge about a supportive career in the legal system.
The convenient home study program begins with an exploration of the law office itself, learning the details of how it is organized and run on a day-to-day basis. The legal assistant/paralegal training course then provides a solid foundation in the legal system and the work of legal professionals in civil and criminal cases.
Overall, Stratford's course can help you learn how to perform vital tasks that contribute to the legal system.
We offer affordable monthly payment programs and online learning tools for an comprehensive learning experience. Enrol today!
Legal Assistant/Paralegal Module 1
Office Procedures and Administration for Canadian Legal Assistants • Law Office Administrative Systems
• An Introduction to Budgeting and Income Projection
• Time Management
• Records and Information Management
• The Law Office Library
• Communications and Technology for Law Offices
• Computer Essentials for Legal Assistants
• Office Telephone Systems
• Advanced Computer Applications for Law Firms
• Legal Research
Legal Assistant/Paralegal Module 2
An Introduction to Law • Purpose and History of Law
• The Rights and Freedoms of Canadians
• Barriers to Achieving Equality
• Criminal Law and Criminal Offences
• The Criminal Code
• Drug Use, Drinking, and Driving
Legal Assistant/Paralegal Module 3
More Concepts of Law • Bringing the Accused to Trial
• Trial Procedure
• From Sentencing to Release
• The Youth Justice System
• Tort and Dispute Resolution
• Negligence and Other Torts
Legal Assistant/Paralegal Module 4
Advanced Concepts of Law • Family Law
• Children and Family Law
• Division of Family Property and Spousal Support
• Contract Law
• Carrying Out the Contract
• Landlord and Tenant Law
• Employment Law
This educational program is an introductory course designed to help students gain knowledge necessary for the vocational application of this subject. Completion of this program does not fulfill the legal requirements of particular state licenses or certifications, which may require additional training or apprenticeships.
We take great pride in providing you with the most up-to-date accounting course textbooks and equipment. One or more of the above-mentioned subjects may, therefore, change if updating becomes necessary during the course of your studies. The order in which the accounting course material is presented may vary.