If you love children and are interested in pursuing early childhood education careers, Stratford's home study program is a great place to start.
Our in-depth program offers a thorough introduction to early childhood education and offers valuable insight and information on child behaviors and development that could be helpful in both your professional and personal life.
Whether you already work in early childhood, or are a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, or parent-to-be, Stratford's course can help prepare you to positively affect the lives of children.
Early Childhood Education Module 1:
Early Childhood Education: An Introduction • Teamwork – Interaction Among ECE Staff
• Keeping Pace with Rapid Developmental Changes
• Changes in Children
• Working with Children Who Have Special Needs
Early Childhood Education Module 2:
Introduction to Early Childhood Education: A Canadian Perspective • The Magic of Childhood—Factors that Impact on Children
• The World of the Child—Learning through Play
• Role of the Facilitator
• Critical Skills for Facilitators
• Building Partnerships
Early Childhood Education Module 3: Quality in Early Childhood Education • Family Considerations
• Training, Health and Safety Practices in Canada
• Organization of Children’s Learning Environment
• Program Variety across Canada
• Poverty, Social Exclusion, Stress and Diversity
• Regulations for Child-Care in Canada
• Putting the Pieces Together
Early Childhood Education Module 4:
Essentials of Early Childhood Education • Early Childhood Programs Defined
• Early Childhood Education Curriculum
• Dynamics of Quality in Early Childhood Programs
• Early Childhood Educators—Characteristics and Roles
• Becoming and Early Childhood Educator
• The Work Environment
• The Roots of Early Childhood Programs in Canada
• The Modern Profession
This program is specifically designed to serve as an introduction or enhancement of the theoretical knowledge required for the vocational application of this subject. It is intended to help individuals in the furtherance of their vocational training and is not intended as a substitute for licensing or certification requirements, which may include an apprenticeship or additional training, as required by law.
We take great pride in providing you with the most up-to-date textbooks and equipment. One or more of the above-mentioned subjects may, therefore, change if updating becomes necessary during the course of your studies. The order in which the material is presented may vary.
"I enjoyed the ECE course. The course gave me new skills, and I feel knowledgeable moving ahead in a new direction in the workforce."
"Your school has allowed me to achieve my dream to be in a classroom helping children learn."
"Taking the Early Childhood Education Course with SCI has helped me gain knowledge that is very useful when dealing with my own children. I have a much better understanding of children and how they develop."