People rely on trained individuals to make their stay at hotels and time in restaurants as pleasurable as possible.
Stratford's online hotel and restaurant management program can help you learn how to appropriately combine management skills with practical knowledge about marketing, reservations, personnel training and more to help you take the first step toward one of many attractive careers in hotel and restaurant management.
Whether you already work in the hospitality industry or are interested in learning more about hotel management and restaurant management, Stratford can help you get started.
Stratford's comprehensive curriculum can help you gain practical knowledge that could quickly be applied in the workforce. Request information or enrol today!
Hotel and Restaurant Management Module 1
Introduction to Hospitality Management • Overview of the Hospitality Industry
• Restaurant and Hotel Staff Positions
• Career Opportunities in Hospitality Management
• Human Resources and Payroll
• The Manager as Leader and Motivator
• The Manager as Enforcer of Quality Standards
• The Manager as Enforcer of Ethical Standards
• Personal Qualities Needed for Success in the Hospitality Business
Hotel and Restaurant Management Module 2
Restaurant Management • Classifying Restaurants
• Restaurant Operations
• Menu Development
• Standards and Service
• Financial Statements and Business Plans
• Buying an Existing Restaurant
Hotel and Restaurant Management Module 3
Hotel Management • Overview of the Hotel Industry
• A Day in a Typical Hotel
• Hotel Computer Systems and Programs
• Hotel Operations Reports, Calculations, and Bookkeeping
• Competitive Tactics in Hotel Management
• General Management Skills for Hotel Managers
Hotel and Restaurant Management Module 4
Starting and Managing Various Hospitality Businesses • Bed and Breakfasts
• RV Parks and Campgrounds
• Dude Ranches
• Hunting and Fishing Guides and Lodges
• Adventure and Historical Tour Guides and Lodges
• Small Food-Service Ventures
This educational program is an introductory course designed to help students gain knowledge necessary for the vocational application of this subject. Completion of this program does not fulfill the legal requirements of particular state licenses or certifications, which may require additional training or apprenticeships.
We take great pride in providing you with the most up-to-date textbooks and equipment. One or more of the above-mentioned subjects may, therefore, change if updating becomes necessary during the course of your studies. The order in which the material is presented may vary.
I've gained knowledge on the business aspect of the hospitality industry, such as revenue and numbers. I really liked the section on customer service skills.
C.B. - Alberta
I enjoyed learning this information at my own pace, rather than sitting in a classroom. Every book I have received is full of new information, new knowledge based on real life situations. I am going to use this to my advantage in making my dreams come true.