If you've ever lost your keys, locked them in a car, or forgotten a safe or locker combination, you've most likely benefited from the skilled work of a professional locksmith.
Stratford's locksmith training course can help teach you the detailed skills needed to perform a number of locksmith jobs. From making keys to changing safe combinations, Stratford can help you learn the gain valuable knowledge about the always important fundamentals.
With the flexibility to study at home in your spare time, you could finish this course in as little as six months and be well on your way to exciting new opportunities. Enrol Today!
Locksmith Module 1
Introduction to the Locksmithing Profession • Getting Started
• Overview of Home Security
• Locksmithing Tools
• Introduction to Keys and Locking Devices
• Key Features and Identification
• Introduction to Key Cutting
• Introduction to Master-Keying
• Installing Basic Locksets
• Introduction to Automotive Lock Servicing
• Starting and Running a Locksmith Business
Locksmith Module 2
Professional Locksmithing Techniques, Volume 1 • The Business of Locksmithing
• Basic Types of Locks and Keys
• Key Blanks and Key Blank Directories
• Warded, Lever Tumbler, Disc Tumbler, and Side Bar Wafer Locks
• Pin Tumbler Locks
• Locksmithing Tools
• Key-In-Knob, Deadbolt, and Cylinder Key Mortise Locks
• High-Security Cylinders
Locksmith Module 4
Professional Locksmithing Techniques, Volume 3 • Automotive Lock Servicing
• Closed Circuit Television Systems
• Access Control, Alarms, and System Integration
• Working as a Locksmith
This program is specifically designed to serve as an introduction or enhancement of the theoretical knowledge required for the vocational application of this subject. It is intended to help individuals in the furtherance of their vocational training and is not intended as a substitute for licensing or certification requirements, which may include an apprenticeship or additional training, as required by law.
We take great pride in providing you with the most up-to-date textbooks and equipment. One or more of the above-mentioned subjects may, therefore, change if updating becomes necessary during the course of your studies. The order in which the material is presented may vary.